Thursday, October 9, 2014

Making Money From Home!

This isn't a scam, either! Legitimately make money!

Recently, I've decided to become a SAHW (stay at home wife?). I've never not worked, so this is crazy! Poor grammar? I've always worked! I like working. I like being busy, productive, and the money never hurts!

I've been researching different ways of working from home. Mostly to stay busy, but also to make a little play money for date nights, vacations, etc. Having a good savings is always a good idea, too!

Here are a few tried and true methods:
1. Amazon Mechanical Turk: I've done this for about a year. It's a website where companies post various projects for you to do for them. Transcribing is a huge one. I highly recommend it!  In the beginning, it's a bit tedious. You have to build up a "resume" per se. For example, they start you with little projects and you gradually work your way up to projects that pay $3 or $5 rather than pennies. Literally, some pay you a penny. But they're super simple! Some can take less than a minute to complete, depending. If you're a computer whiz, then this is the perfect hobby for you. Transcribing, orienting pictures, and other random projects are mindlessly easy. So worth it!

Here's a really good guide for the ins and outs of mturk: MTurk Guide

2. Etsy: Although I haven't done a ton with Etsy yet, I highly recommend it as well. I just opened a shop. I'll have to come back and update once I get some sales! A lot of friends of mine have shops and love the community and extra income! I'm really excited about selling my creations on Etsy! Eeek! Stay tuned! :)

3. Surveys. This could be really boring, or really fun. The only thing about surveys is that oftentimes, it's a lot of work with little return. I did surveys back in the day. They're a bit time consuming. Also, some don't pay you cash, but gift cards instead. While this is still technically money, it limits what you can do with it. I don't love that part. Here are some websites to try out!

Here's a blog where she details her favorite survey sites: http://www.clarkscondensed.com/thrifty-living/my-favorite-survey-sites/#_a5y_p=2221774

Sign up through these websites to get started!


4. Coupons! Honestly, this one is my favorite! I love saving money! Who doesn't?! I love seeing the "You saved $#.## today!" at the bottom of my receipts. Store sales, clipped coupons, emailed coupons, and phone coupons are the best! The other day, I googled "Old Navy coupon" at the last second at checkout. We saved 20% for no reason! I'm glad I thought about it at the last second! A penny saved is a penny earned! :)

Downfall of coupons: They getcha! And by getcha, I mean they have you spend money you probably wouldn't have spent in the first place. They want you to try their product, so they give you the coupon. While this marketing technique is clever, it can end up costing you more! I'm guilty of falling for that trap. Using coupons on items you will already buy is great! But don't get too caught up in the gimmick of it all.

5. Walmart Savings Catcher: THIS IS THE BOMB DOT COM! Honestly, I loathe price matching. Every time I'd try to price match at Walmart, they'd make some excuse and never give it to me. We'd just get frustrated and go to the store with the real sale and support them! With this new app, you scan your receipt. Within 48 hours, they give you the difference in the prices of local competitors! Price matching without ever having to price match! FREE MONEY!

Here's a little preview:

P.S. I scan all of my family's receipts, too. I'm not spending that much at Walmart so often! Haha!




It's not much, but it's still money! :)

It comes back in the form of an e-gift card. I haven't cashed in yet, but you can generate a barcode to scan at the register, print the gift card, or use it at walmart.com. Once I have a bit saved up, I'll totally cash in! Free groceries! Woo hoo!

6. Signing up for free samples: Recently, I signed up for a ton of free samples! Different companies want you to buy their products, so they risk sending you a little bit here and there to get you hooked! I love free stuff! Some things I've gotten recently I won't be using for awhile (diapers, wipes, baby safety latches, etc.), but some I will! A lot of times major companies, such as Proctor and Gamble, will send you free samples. Some ask for a review in exchange, but that's easy!

7. Become a product tester/reviewer: I haven't done this personally, but I totally want to try it out! I don't have a lot of details, but this is an awesome site that gives great information:
 http://www.productreviewmom.com/2013/06/how-can-i-get-paid-to-test-products.html

8.  Consumer Reporting: My husband and I, immediately after going shopping, scan each item and input the price of the item. It's a little tedious, but it's free money! They give you points that accumulate into Amazon rewards and other various credits. Totally worth it, too! It only takes a few minutes to scan everything. Again, free money!

Stay tuned for part two!









1 comment:

  1. Very nice article!!! I am always looking new ways to make money from home. Having been involved in internet marketing and web design for the past 5 years. I had heard a lot of time this opportunity previously, but never tried it. Well, one day I was surfing on internet about make money from home, I read reviews of people who are working on such sites. It’s reliable and gave me green signal.

    ReplyDelete