Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Candies Part Two: Peppermint Bark

I have an entire LIST my mom and I created of all the yummy sweets and naughty treats we can make this Christmas! This is going to be a short (haha...not) series of sweets and recipes I will post! There's just something about Christmas and candies that makes me squeal with excitement!

Peppermint Bark! 

There are two versions of this bark made with white and dark chocolates. This is definitely the simplest candy recipe I have! Two ingredients can't be beat!

I used chocolate chips for the dark and almond bark (baker's chocolate) for the white. Any harder chocolate will work with this recipe.

All you need is chocolate and candy canes!

You'll notice there aren't any measurements for this recipe, but I'll give you a rough estimate of what I used:

12 candy canes
4-6 blocks of chocolate



Depending on how you like your bark, the ratio of peppermint to chocolate doesn't really matter. You can't mess this recipe up!

1. Blend up unwrapped candy canes to a fine powder. (I just used my blender!)
2. Melt chocolate gradually in microwave and stirring every 30 seconds.
3. Roll out wax paper.
4. Mix together peppermint powder and chocolate.
5. Spread mixture over wax paper and let cool.
6. Once solid, break into uneven pieces.

While it was cooling, I sprinkled the peppermint powder on top of the chocolate. It adds an extra garnish to the chocolate!





No comments:

Post a Comment